This is an all-time favorite salad that features the best produce that the summer has to offer. Pair it with a Clasen's Baguette or a loaf of Cranberry Walnut Bread.
- 1-pint mixed cherry tomatoes, preferably heirloom, halved
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds mixed medium and large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cut into thin slices and or wedges
- 1 Clasen Baguette or Cranberry Walnut Bread, toasted
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella or fresh mozzarella (the kind that comes in a container with liquid) cut or torn into pieces.
- Sea Salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Basil leaves, torn or sliced into pieces
Toss Cherry Tomatoes with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
Arrange medium and large cut tomatoes on a serving platter, slightly overlapping; season generously with sea salt.
Arrange mozzarella pieces or slices over tomatoes. Season with sea salt. Spoon cherry tomatoes over the salad and drizzle with 6-8 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and coarsely ground pepper.
Top salad with basil leaves. Serve with a toasted Clasen Baguette or Cranberry Walnut bread. Enjoy!!!!!